Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Blackmore Rob Blackmore is offline

Default How to enable / disable ControlButton added to Cell CommandBar

Hi,

I have an addin that adds a ControlButton to the Cell CommandBar as follows:

'/// Read Cell Commandbar and add "View Data"
Set oCellCommandBar = Application.CommandBars("Cell")

If oCellCommandBar.FindControl(, , "ViewData") Is Nothing Then
Set oButton = oCellCommandBar.Controls.Add(msoControlButton)
oButton.Caption = "View Data..."
oButton.OnAction = "ViewData"
oButton.Tag = "ViewData"
End If

Which works fine. However, I want to control enabling / disabling it
dependent upon when the cell menu is shown (e.g. only if the selected cell is
valid for the action).

Is this possible in VBA for Excel 2002? If so, I cannot see where to add
the code to be run when this menu is displayed?

Thank you

Rob