Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ranswrt ranswrt is offline

Default string width

Thanks

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

You will have to make a sacrifice somewhere, either widen the range with
autofit, use shrinktofit or wraptext. If there is data in the adjacent cell
on the right, it will automatically truncate if wraptext is not enabled.

"ranswrt" wrote:

I have, but I would rather stop the string at a certain width. I would have
to go thru multiple sheets and cells and format them to shrink to fit.
"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

Have you considered shrink to fit?
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"ranswrt" wrote:

How do I write a code that will not allow a string to be wider than the cell
that it is going into? The with of the cell is 27.86 (200 pixels). The
problem I have is I can't limit the number of characters because they are
different widths depending on the character.
Thanks