Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default "deselect"

The only other way I know is to completely redo the name and omit that one.
You can do it manually in Excel, or use VBA by:

myRange = Range("A1, B5.....IX750") 'example only to establishe the
'non-contiguous range.
myRange.Name = "SomeName" 'example to assign the range name

good luck.

"mark" wrote:

tried that earlier. doesn't seem to work.

it only shows me the first line of the definitions, which only goes through
the fifth cell.

if I try to arrow right, it picks up new cell addresses where the cursor
currently is, but I haven't been able to get it to move to the cell that I
need to remove, in the range name definition.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Use InsertNameDefine to bring up the dialog box in Excel. Then you can
modify the range in the Refers To: window.

"mark" wrote:

Hi.

I have a range name that defines a LOT of discontinuous cells... probably
more than 100.

But unfortunately, there is one cell, BR8 , included in this range name
definition, which should not be.

I've used the .Address and the .RefersTo properties to try to get the
addresses of all of the cells define. But, the length of the properties must
not be long enough to handle the definitions.

I can use F5 and go to the discontinuous range, but I need a way to
"deselect" the one cell that should not be there, so that I can then redefine
the range name to be the current selection.

Help?

Thanks.