Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Exporting Data with Line Break

I'd drop the =concatenate() function and use the & operand:

=a1&char(10)&b1&char(10)&c1
(and on and on...)

Make sure that the cell is set for wrapping text--or you'll see little squares.

satwinder wrote:

I have a data within 1 excel cell as (used ALT+Enter to input data)
Hi
Hello
How
Are
You

I am using concatenate funtion to merge this column with some other columns.
After concatination everything appears in 1 line like "Hi Hello How Are You"
I still want to bring output in multiple lines as above. Here is the
contatination funtion....

=CONCATENATE("COMMENT ON COLUMN ",+A1,".",+B1," IS """,
SUBSTITUTE(+C1,CHAR(10), " "),""";")

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Satwinder