Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kwh kwh is offline

Default Advanced Filtering by top scores

I did some further reading and working on Array formulas and have worked the
problem over. First I created unique item listing on another worksheet based
on the name field. I created Name ranges for the date, name, and score.
Next, I select a range of 5 colums and rows with the same number of the
unique names. I entered the equation as follows:
{=Average(if(Name=a1,if(Date=Large(Date,5),Score) ))} (Ctrl-Shift Enter). The
result is #N/A. Removing the average function, I receive a FALSE message.
This is considered a Multicell Array correct? Do you see error in my logic?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Share the formula that you used.

And double check to see if your data matches what you used in your formula.

kwh wrote:

I get a #DIV/0! result. Is the averaging complicating the issue? In the
end, like the auto filter, I would like a list of the five most recent dates
of each employees. I could manage the average another way. Any thoughts?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Did you remember to enter it as an array formula?

them yourself.)

kwh wrote:

I tried the equation and get a "#value" result. Looking at it more closely,
the "IF" statements are not completed. Only the first of the two arugments
are stated. I would assume that if the argument is not met you would want
some kind of message. What do you think?

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

In Excel 2003

A1:A10 are the names
B1:B10 are the dates
C1:C10 are the scores

=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A10="Barb",IF(B1:B10=LARGE(B1:B10, 5),C1:C10)))

Commit with CTRL SHIFT ENTER.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"kwh" wrote:

I am requiring filtering of a list of employees over a who are scored on
performance over a period of time. I would like to filter for the top five
most recent dates for each employee and average the scores for that filtered
data.

Is that possible in advanced filtering? If so, how is it done?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson