Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Help

This macro will do what you asked...

Sub ChangeRowColors()
Dim C As Range
For Each C In Selection
Select Case UCase(C.Value)
Case "FI"
ColorVal = 45 ' ColorIndex for Orange
Case "ALJ"
ColorVal = 50 ' ColorIndex for a shade of Green
'
' Add additional Case statements for your other
' codes here (always use upper case for the codes).
'
Case Else
ColorVal = xlNone
End Select
C.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = ColorVal
Next
End Sub

Just add the additional Case statements where indicated. The numbers that
are being assigned inside the Case statements are ColorIndex values.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"akemeny" wrote in message
I need to set a Macro (possibly in VBA) that will change the color of a
selected number of cells based on the text in another cell.

For example:

When A1 states - FI the row turns orange
When A1 states - ALJ the row turns green
etc.

Since I need to do this to many rows is there also a way to set this by
column rather than cell text?