Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Default Creating a macro to sort a complex dynamic named reference

Hi,
I'm having trouble creating a macro that will sort a named reference. I have
data in Columns A-D that will constantly be adding rows at the bottom. I have
4 header rows at the top so the data does not start until A5. I have created
a named reference called "Totals" which looks like this:
"=OFFSET(Totals!$A$5,0,0,COUNTA(Totals!$A:$A)-3,4)"

I then tried the code below to sort it but am getting an error: "The sort
reference is not valid. Make sure that it's within the data you want to sort,
and the first Sort By blow isn't the same or blank."

Application.Goto Reference:="Totals"
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A5"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("C5") _
, Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:= _
False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

I've tried searching but so far haven't found any solutions for using named
references instead of defined blocks of cells for this problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
-Dan