Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cmenkedi Cmenkedi is offline

Default Saving a file with a macro without a path

Thank You I will check it out.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

Take a look at Chip Pearson's Browse For Folder code. You can browse for
the folder to save to and then concatenate the file name to the end of it
when you save.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BrowseFolder.aspx
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Cmenkedi" wrote:

I am using 2007 and have developed a spreadsheet template that we use for
various customers. I would like to have input boxes pop up the first time
that the file is saved asking for customer name. I would then like this
passed on to the file name, but we do not save all of the spreadsheets in one
particular folder. Each customer has their folder with sometimes many
different subfolders in each.

My question is:
Can I generate a file name but still have the save-as dialog box pop up to
pick what location I want the file saved to?

Thanks