Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] MiataDiablo@gmail.com is offline

Default Userform Command Button not available until another command bu

On Sep 4, 11:30*am, Barb Reinhardt
wrote:
This should help you get started.

Sub ReadSubmit()

Dim Submit As String
On Error Resume Next
Submit = Evaluate(Names("Submit").Value)
On Error GoTo 0
If Submit = "" Then
* * Debug.Print "Named range submit doesn't exist"
Else
* * Debug.Print "Submit: " & Submit

Sub DefineSubmit()
Dim myName As String
Dim myRefersTo As String
'Change submit to Yes
myName = "Submit"
myRefersTo = "=""Yes"""
ThisWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=myName, RefersTo:=myRefersTo

Call ReadSubmit
'Change submit to No
myName = "Submit"
myRefersTo = "=""No"""
ThisWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="Submit", RefersTo:="=FALSE"

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

" wrote:
On Sep 4, 11:02 am, Barb Reinhardt
wrote:
I'd probably create a named range called EnableSubmit and change it when
needed. *

At the beginning of the Submit code, you could read the value for the range
and if it's TRUE, continue.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

" wrote:
I have a userform that has an Add New Record command button and a
Submit command button. *I don't want the Submit button to be available
until/unless the Add New Record has been used. *I'm not sure how to go
about writing the code for that. *Currently, the user can "browse"
thru existing records using my Previous and Next command buttons but I
don't want them to be able to edit the record they're viewing (at this
time, ultimately I do but I can't figure out the code for that
either), but in the meantime I would be content with disabling the
Submit button.

Any suggestions are greatly welcomed.- Hide quoted text -

That sounds great but I can't get my head around it, do you have a
minute that you could explain how I would do that or point me in the
right direction?- Hide quoted text -

That definitely gets me started. I'm a VBA newbie so I understand
what I need to do, but not how to get there. Thanks a million!