Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Linking Excel to a text file database

Although running SQL on text files is amazingly fast (considering there are
no indexes) there might be an advantage
to move to a real database like SQLite. Very simple, very fast and very good
free VB(A) wrapper available.
Not sure you were thinking of using SQL, but I think when your lookups are
getting complex using SQL will make
it a lot simpler.

RBS

"Roger on Excel" wrote in message
I use vlookup to access data from within my spreadsheet. The extensive
dataset I have is on one of the sheets and is large and cumbersome.

I understand that it is possible to link my sheet to an ancillary text
file
within which i can store my database.

How does one go about doing this and will vlookup work?

Can anyone help or redirect me?

Thanks,

Roger