Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Application Quit does not work at all

I'm guessing about the syntax but based on how you released your other
objects maybe something like this -

book.Close( covTrue, covOptional, covOptional );
book.ReleaseDispatch();
app.Quit();
app.ReleaseDispatch();

BTW, is it OK to use a name like "app" in C++ to refer to the Excel object.
In say VB6 it would cause confusion as "app" is a keyword that refers
directly to the host dll or exe.

Regards,
Peter T

"Landon" wrote in message
I have release the range and sheet like this:
????????// Release dispatch pointers.
range.ReleaseDispatch();
sheet.ReleaseDispatch();

book.Close( covTrue, covOptional, covOptional );
app.Quit();

1. Is this not enough? What should I add?
2. "You might also need to destroy your "app" reference after doing
app.Quit "
How to do this? I think I haven't done the destroy step because I
don't
know how and everybody just use the Quit().

Thank you.