Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg Maxey[_4_] Greg Maxey[_4_] is offline

Default getImage and VBA Callback

Hi,

First post here. I consider myself a dabbler not a programmer. So if you
can help, please help gently ;-)

Off an on for the past year or so I have been puzzling (sometimes fretting)
over how to use the ribbon attribute getImage with a VBA callback to dispaly
a custom image on a Word ribbon control. I have seen code examples using
C+,
..Net, VB, etc., which I don't have and don't know anything about, that make
me believe that it can be done. When I try a VBA
callback like:

Sub GetImage(Control As IRibbonControl, ByRef image)
Select Case Control.ID
Case "gallery1"
image = "ContentControlBuildingBlockGallery" 'This works
Case "gallery2"
image = "CustomeImage" 'Where "CustomImage" is a png format image file
'stored in the Open Office File format zip container images folder. This
doesn't work
Case Else
'Do Nothing
End Select
End Sub

Word throws an error stating "CustomImage" is not a valid office control id.

The key it seems is a process that takes a *.png format image file and
converts it into a IPicture object that Word at least thinks is a valid
office
control id and then displays that image on the ribbon.

I have ordered Ken Puls book RibbonX hoping it will provide a cookbook
explanation of how this is done.

I am awaiting the arrival of the book, but I would certainly appreciate
learning how it is done.

Thanks.

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP