JulieD

Hi Harvey

it can be done via the use of a helper column
insert a column to the right of your column
then type the following formula in cell 1 of the new column
=Proper(A1)
where A is the column letter of the column you want to fix
move your cursor over the bottom right hand corner of this cell and double
click
the formula should be filled down the column.
now select this new column and choose copy
click on the column header of the original column and choose
edit / paste special - values
you can now delete the helper column.

hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"Harvey" wrote in message
In a spreadsheet that I made, there is a column with all types of text:
all
upper, all lower, proper. It could be a long task to re-type each cell.

I'd like to convert this entire column to all proper. How can this be
easily
done?

Thanks in advance for your help.