Frank Kabel

Hi
use the array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):
=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A100<0,A1:A100))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

rhodesv wrote:
Frank, do you know if there's a way to average a column and make the
average exclude the zero values?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
use
AVERAGE
for this. It ignores empty cells

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"GarrettSocling"
schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Hello!

I made a spreadsheet where data can be entered into 8 columns. In

each
column for each day, this data has a formula run on it
(=(E16-E$15)/E$15, for example). Then sum of these calculations are
taken and averaged (=SUM(C17:J17)/8). The problem is, towards the
bottom of this spreadsheet there won't be 8 columns of data anymore,
but I still want a valid average generated. Maybe after a week or
two, there is only 7 columns of data, and after three weeks only 6
columns of data available. The amount of rows into the spreadsheet
that this lack of data happens is constantly different. I have the
framework for the entire spreadsheet created as a template so that

only
the data needs to be entered.

Is there a command which will dynamically average whatever data is
available? (=SUM(C17:J17)/8) doesn't cut it :(

TIA!

GarrettSocling
--- GarrettSocling's Profile:

View this thread: