Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jialiang Ge [MSFT] Jialiang Ge [MSFT] is offline

Default Saving changes to Excel file when using VSTO

Hello Ed,

If you meant to distribute the source code of the VSTO solution, it should
be the Projects/ProjectName/ProjectName folder. It contains all the code.

If you meant to distribute the build result of the VSTO solution
(spreadsheet + VSTO binary), it should be the files in /bin/Debug folder.
However, simply copying and pasting the entire /bin/Debug folder is not the
formal way to deploy a VSTO solution. You end users may not be able to open
the solution for lack of prerequisites or permissions. I suggest your
reading this article and its sub-articles:

Deploying Office Solutions (2007 System)

It describes the options to deploy a VSTO (document level) solution with
easy-to-follow examples and step lists.

You are also welcome to submit your feedbacks to improve the deployment
experience for VSTO document solutions:
http://blogs.msdn.com/vsto/archive/2...solutions.aspx

If you have any other questions or concerns, please DON'T hesitate to tell
me.
Have a great day!

Regards,
Jialiang Ge , remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

.

"Ed White" wrote in message
One last clarification. When you want to distributed an Office file, e.g.
an
Excel spreadsheet, with VSTO code in it to end users, do you give them the
entire /big/Debug folder, or do you give them the spreadsheet in the
/Projects/ProjectName/ProjectName folder? Will the spreadsheet in the
latter
contain all the code?
--
Ed

""Jialiang Ge [MSFT]"" wrote:

Hello Ed,

Sorry for my delayed response. Regarding the reason for the disabled
status
of "From Microsoft Query" in the VSTO designer, after testing Excel's
behavior in IE, I find Excel disables the option when it's DocObject
hosted.

To test Excel you need to force the document to open inside IE frame. To
do
this modify the registry value as indicated here
http://mswikis/trinity/Pages/Excel12InIE.aspx, next right click on a
.xlsx
file, choose "Open With ? and select "Internet Explorer". After the xlsx
is
opened, you will find "From Microsoft Query" is disabled.

The product team confirmed that this is a by-design behavior for lack of
enough tests to allow "From Microsoft Query" when Excel is hosted in
another application.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or
concerns.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Jialiang Ge , remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you.
Please
.

rights.