Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Graham Y Graham Y is offline

Default change custom view when leaving a sheet

The problem is that I need to ensure that all the data is visible when they
leave the sheet, because the data here is used mainly to supply look up data
for some forms.
I could manually remove the view by unhiding the columns and removing the
autofilter, but I thought there would be a way, of just activating the view,
I can't even find out which view is current, although I could be looking for
the autofilter.

Thank you for making me think about another route, but if anyone knows how
to do waht I was hoping to, I'd still like to know.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I bet it would be much easier to change to the custom view you want when you
activate the sheet.

Graham Y wrote:

I've set up two custom views, 'TheLot' & 'Dave' I want to make sure the
'TheLot' is elected when the user moves to another sheet. So I put following
into the shee deactivate event:
ActiveWorkbook.CustomViews("TheLot").Show
Which works, but it also pulls me back to that sheet!

I may be tackling this all wrong, but what I wanted to do was to make sure
all the collumns and the autofilter was removed when the user left the sheet,
if they had used the 'Dave' custom view.

Help would be much appreciated

--

Dave Peterson