Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JHop JHop is offline

Default Compile Error: variable not defined

I just distributed a new version of a complex workbook with lots of VBA code
to users who had been running an earlier version. I made some changes to the
code, tested the new version rigorously before sending it out, and it ran
fine. Now at least 2 users are reporting that they get a "Compile error:
variable not defined" when they try to run the main macro. I rechecked my
copy and ran it without error. Then I opened the copy they sent back to me
and ran it without error! I tried compiling both copies and they compiled
without error. So it works for me but not them--and they had successfully
run the prior version, so it doesn't seem like it would be something in their
environments. What could possibly be causing this error?

Judy Hopkins