Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MDubbelboer[_20_] MDubbelboer[_20_] is offline

Default Userform - Return Control Clicked

On Aug 8, 1:39*pm, JLGWhiz wrote:
your statement "I was trying to use userform_dblclick or multipage_dblclick
*however double clicking on a label (the behaviour i'm trying to
*capture) does not get captured." is confusing. *The label does have a
double click event if you right click the Label, then View Code you will see
the DblClick in the Declarations drop down pane. *You would have to write the
event code to make it perform as you have described your requirement, just
like any other event code.

"MDubbelboer" wrote:
I have a userform that is using a multipage with 13-14 pages and on
each page there will be 5-6 controls (labels) that can be selected.

Instead of writing an event procedure for 13-14x5-6 labels is it
possible to write a generic procedure that will return which label was
selected (double clicked)

To clarify, if on multipage 1 I clicked label 3 I would like the Name
of Label3 to be used in launching a new userform with Label3.name used
as one of the variables on the new userform.
If I click on multipage 12 label 63 *i would like label63.name to be
returned.

My original thought was to look at MSForms.Controls but I'm having a
hard time. I was trying to use userform_dblclick or multipage_dblclick
however double clicking on a label (the behaviour i'm trying to
capture) does not get captured.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance,
mark

i understand that. i was trying to avoid using the label events
because i did not want to have to make a specific code for each label.

From your statement and jim Thomlinson's statement it looks like I'm
out of luck and will have to do exactly that however.

thanks for reading