Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Selecting all cells in a column between two cells

Might be easier for you to send your workbook to my address below.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Darren Ingram" wrote in message
Ok the first one would if Apple was D7.... =Sum(D6+C7-B7)
and down the column etc etc.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

That much was a given. Now what do you want to do???
I then want to process the formula that is inside of
the Apple cell (the topmost cell)so that it applies to all cells
between
it

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Darren Ingram" wrote in message
Hi Don,

Ok example

Column D:

D3:Apple
D4
D5
D6
D7: Banana

I want to select everything from Banana up to Apple....as I'm on Banana
start with.

Regards,

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Easy enough but you say these cells are BLANK. Before and after
example
please.

so that it applies to all cells between

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Darren Ingram" wrote in
message

I have two cells (we'll call them: Apple & Banana) in a column (for
the
sake
of this we'll call it column D, but it will in fact be varying
columns)...
The cell points at which Apple and Banana lay vary and at all times
the
number of cells between Apple and Banana also vary.... However,
they
are
always in the same column together.

At all times the cells in the column between both items are blank.
What I
want to do it to put the curser on Banana (the bottom cell item) and
for a
piece of code to select Banana and every cell in the column above it
up
and including Apple. I then want to process the formula that is
inside
of
the Apple cell (the topmost cell)so that it applies to all cells
between
it
and Banana and also Banana.

I have asked this question already but I don't think I did it
clearly
enough
and its getting on in time and I thought that I'd best try to ask it
again -
Hopefully a little clearer this time. I'm new at VBA coding but I'm
trying
to learn because I see the pluses that it holds in my work
environment....So
please be patient.

I know that this is a seperate question but with the apple and
banana
cells,
is there a piece of simple code that will work out the numerical
positional
difference between the two and give me a value. ie. If Apple is a
D10
and
Banana is at D15 it will give me a value of 5? Thus I'm then able
code
the difference a put a place marker at column C half way between the
two
values in column D....

Regards,