Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Darren Ingram Darren Ingram is offline

Default Selecting all cells in a column between two cells

Hi,

I have two cells (we'll call them: Apple & Banana) in a column (for the sake
of this we'll call it column D, but it will in fact be varying columns)...
The cell points at which Apple and Banana lay vary and at all times the
number of cells between Apple and Banana also vary.... However, they are
always in the same column together.

At all times the cells in the column between both items are blank. What I
want to do it to put the curser on Banana (the bottom cell item) and for a
piece of code to select Banana and every cell in the column above it up to
and including Apple. I then want to process the formula that is inside of
the Apple cell (the topmost cell)so that it applies to all cells between it
and Banana and also Banana.

I have asked this question already but I don't think I did it clearly enough
and its getting on in time and I thought that I'd best try to ask it again -
Hopefully a little clearer this time. I'm new at VBA coding but I'm trying
to learn because I see the pluses that it holds in my work environment....So
please be patient.

I know that this is a seperate question but with the apple and banana cells,
is there a piece of simple code that will work out the numerical positional
difference between the two and give me a value. ie. If Apple is a D10 and
Banana is at D15 it will give me a value of 5? Thus I'm then able to code
the difference a put a place marker at column C half way between the two
values in column D....

Regards,