Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dima Dima is offline

Default How to name many rows by values in a column on the same sheet

Thanks Barb Reinhardt for replying!
The calculations should use the future row names to use corresponding values
in the rows.
An example of a value in a cell in the row names column:
A11rowName
Formulas in a 20th row will use A11rowName to take values in corresponding
cells in the 11th row.
There are about a thousand rows with values and formulas which use the
values. I want to replace meaningless cell references with meaningfull row
names in the column with future row names.
Regards,
Dmitry
"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

What exactly do you want to do in the calculations? Give an example of a
value in a cell and how it might be used. I'm not clear on why you need
1000 named ranges.

Barb Reinhardt

"Dima" wrote:

Thanks Rick for replying!
I entered thousand future row names in a column. Now I want to name all
thousand rows with corresponding names in the column, and then apply all them
in existing formulas in the workbook.
Regards,
Dmitry
"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Can you describe what you want to do in more detail for us?

Rick

"Dima" wrote in message
Hello!
How to name many rows by values in a column on the same sheet all at once?
Regards,
Dmitry