Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Default Recorded Macro Works, Code Doesn't

That's why I was confused. If I only have one file open (the one containing
the macro) the code still runs. There's no error.

I'm removing all similar lines because it's not required for the macro to
function. Just the behaviour of the code didn't match my expectations. And
I couldn't duplicate it.

Appreciate both your responses.
--
Disregard, this is so I can find my post later.
***postedbyJay***

"desertres" wrote:

Hi,

Those 2 lines of code do work, if you have more than 1 window(file) open.
When the first file is hidden, the next file becomes active. As already said,
this was written in the recording mode, so just ditch that second
line...better to also know if it is really necessary to use a relative
reference in the first line. If a user somehow clicks to another window, then
that gets zapped and the macro starts chaos.

"Jay" wrote:

Hello all,

This is an question that I can't solve, but it's not a terribly important
issue.

I've been tasked to rewrite some macros that various users have recorded.
It's fairly straightforward and I don't have any problems. But there's two
lines of code that are all over the macro, and I can't figure out how they
were recorded. If I copy those two lines and try to run them
independently, it crashes. But the macro works fine by itself. I'm
wondering if I'm missing something, thought I'd throw it out there. Again,
this is just to satify my curiousity.

The lines a
ActiveWindow.Visible = False
ActiveWindow.Activate

These two lines appear maybe 5 times per macro. But the user can't remember
what they did, and I haven't been able to duplictate it.

I can duplicate each line, but not together (in that order). I have to hide
the sheet to get the first line, but activate doesn't work with a hidden
sheet.

Anyone smarter know what's going on?

Thanks,
Jay