David McRitchie

no it will not, and left out how 3 months is to be worked in anyway.

would suggest looking at Chip Pearson's page
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

"MS Office" wrote in message ...
=MONTH(TODAY())-MONTH(A5)

The above formula will calculate the difference ( in number of months)
between today's date and the date in A5.
You may then apply conditional formatting.

"Debbie F" <Debbie wrote in message
Hi

I have a date in A5 and I need to write a formula in an adjacent column
that
checks the date and if the date is less than 3 months old to display it in
another colour, if it is more than 3 months old to do nothing.

I am not sure which date function to use. Can anyone help?

Thanks