Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Copy Tab Names from Several Sheets and Copy Last Row from Same She

These lines:
Dim sht As Worksheet
sht = Worksheets(I).Name

are a problem.

Since sht is declared as a worksheet, you'd want to use:

Dim sht As Worksheet
set sht = Worksheets(I)

And instead of using if/and, I like this:

select case lcase(sht.name)
case is = lcase("summary"), lcase("C2_UnionQuery"), lcase("Summary-Sheet")
'do nothing
case else
'your code here
end select

I find it easier to update and understand.

==========
If you had used:
Dim Sht as String 'not worksheet
sht = worksheets(i).name 'no Set statement, since sht is no longer an object.

you could have used:
select case lcase(sht)

ryguy7272 wrote:

I am stuck on something that shouldn't be too hard...but seems hard right
now. I am working on a macro that lists all sheets in my workbook, except
for three specific sheets, and then I wanted to list the last user row on
each sheet, so that it corresponds with each name in the list (the names come
from the tabs in the workbook). This is what I have so far:

Sub SummarySht()

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Dim sht As Worksheet
Dim I As Long
Dim bWrite As Boolean

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
On Error Resume Next
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Summary").Delete
On Error GoTo 0
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Set Basebook = ThisWorkbook
Set Newsht = Basebook.Worksheets.Add
Newsht.Name = "Summary"

Sheets("Summary").Select

n = Worksheets.Count
For I = 1 To n
sht = Worksheets(I).Name
If sht = "Summary" Or sht = "C2_UnionQuery" Or sht = "Summary-Sheet"
Then
Else
ActiveCell.Value = Sheets("Summary").Range("A3")
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End If
Next

End Sub

The macro fails on this line:
sht = Worksheets(I).Name

The message that I get is €˜Object Variable with Block Variable not Set.
The code looks right to me, so Im not sure why its saying this.

Also, I am still working on a way of copying the last used row from each
sheet in the book, except for "Summary", "C2_UnionQuery", and "Summary-Sheet".

I think the 'last used row' part will be something like this:
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim sht As Worksheet

For Each sht In Worksheets
If (sht.Name) < "Summary" and (sht.Name) < "C2_UnionQuery" And
(sh.Name) < "Summary-Sheet" Then
sht.Activate

Chng = Range("A6").Value
.Cells(LastRow, "A").Activate
sh.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).EntireRow.Copy = True

Sheets("Summary").Activate
ActiveCell.Value = Sheets("Summary").Range("A3")
ActiveCell.Offset(2, 1).Select
ActiveCell.Paste

Next sht

...but it is not quite right. The last row on each of the sheets should
correspond to the names (from the tabs) listed in the 'Summary' sheet. Can
someone please give me some assistance?

Thanks,
Ryan---

--