Gord Dibben

Alex

If David's option is not available under FormatCellNumber................

This is a function of your Regional Settings in Windows OS.

StartSettingsControl PanelRegional and Language SettingsRegional
OptionsCustomizeCurrencyNegative Currency Format. Click on drop-down arrow
and select the ($1.1)

Note: this is under the "Currency" tab in Regional Options. Changing under
the "Numbers" tab only does not do the trick.

Apply and OKApply your way out.

You will have to close Excel then re-open to see effects.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:15:59 -0700, David Hepner
wrote:

On the toolbar menu:

FormatFormatCellNumber and choose (1234.56) from the list.

HTH

"Alex" wrote:

The only option I could choose from format is to show negative numbers with
"-" in front but I want to show negative number in brackets.