Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Message box to prompt for file name upon save

Maybe this,

But note I include no error checking for illegal filenames which you may
want to consider

response = InputBox("enter filename")
If response < "" Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="\\MyURL\DAILY_PRODUCTION\NEW" & response &
".txt" _
, FileFormat:=xlText, CreateBackup:=False
End If

Mike
"Greg Snidow" wrote:

Greetings everyone. I have, among other things, the following lines in a
macro to save a worksheet

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"\\MyURL\DAILY_PRODUCTION\NEW\test.txt" _
, FileFormat:=xlText, CreateBackup:=False

This works great, except that I don't want the file to be called "test" in
production. I need to have a dialog box pop up to ask me what to enter as
the name

I tried
...NEW\" & MsgBox & ".txt"

but it does not work. Any ideas?