Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Pivot tables wont work in protected sheet?

You can't refresh the pivot table if the sheet is protected, no matter
what protection settings you used.
In the code you can unprotect the sheet, refresh the pivot table, then
protect the sheet.

Roger on Excel wrote:
I use pivot tables in my spreadsheet.

When I protect the sheets to prevent changes to locked cells, the pivot
tables wont allow data refresh?!

Even when I check all the boxes when protecting a sheet - including the
pivot tables check box, still the pivot tables cannot be activated.

The pivot table cells are all unlocked as is the data it reads from.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures