Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Explain code

Here is futher explaination on the lastrow

LastRow = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Rows.Count in the total number of rows on the worksheet. For excel 2003 it
is 65536, but excel 2007 it is larger.

The end statement has 4 different options
1) xlup
2) xldown
3) xltoleft
4) xltoright

the function end find the first cell that is not empty.

Sol the statemnt is Range("A65536") then move up Column A until a
non-empty cell is found and return the Row number

for last column use this statmen t

Cells(1,Columns.Count).end(xltoleft).Column

Which is Cells(1,256).end(xltoleft).Column

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

'Qualify the sheet you want to execute on
'using the "With" Statement.

With Sheets(3)

'Assign variable for last row with data in it.

LastRow = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

'Set the of object variable for the range to search.

Set SortRange = .Rows("2:" & LastRow)

'Execute the sort procedure

SortRange.Sort _
Key1:=Range("A2"), _
Order1:=xlAscending, _
Key2:=Range("C2"), _
Order2:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlNo

'Close the "With" statement.

End With

"Novice Lee" wrote:

Could someone explain the following code for me I'm new VBA and have never
seen some of these Items

Thanks

With Sheets(3)