Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default Merge 7 files to 1 workbook/7Sheets and then 1 sheet of the new workbook

From what you say, you have 8 workbooks. One workbook, call it Total.xls,
is blank. The headers of the other 7 workbooks are the same. You want
these headers placed in the Total workbook, row 1, then you want all the
data, from row 2 down, from each of the 7 workbooks, placed into the Total
workbook, one after the other, going down the sheet. Is this right? HTH
Otto
"Snailspace" wrote in message
I have to combine 7 worksheets from 7 files on my desktop into 1
workbook - then create 1 worksheet of all the data in this same
workbook except the column header row 1. I tried doing a recording
make my own macro but I get an error when trying to copy the sheet to
the workbook and sheet.

what do I use to copy the data to a new workbook/worksheet ??

Copy Befo=Workbooks("Book2").Sheets(1)

This doesn't work....so I want to try and figure this out.

Thanks!!