rbecerra

Default How to change default cell format to "Text"

Regards,

When you start Excel, the new spreadsheets come with default format =
"General".

I need this default format to be changed to "Text". Following is the
explanation of the reason I need this:

I work in PLC programming, and usually I use Excel to edit some CSV
files. Those files contains some numeric fields in decimal format (for
example 5.5, 5.2, 5.0, 4.0). When I open the CSV file with Excel, the
program eliminates the decimal part of round numbers (in the example
given, Excel converts my numbers to 5.5, 5.2, 5, 4).

I really need the round numbers to keep its decimal part (I need 5.0,
not 5!!!).

And I need it to work when I open my CSV files (please, no posts of
"you should select the cells and use the format cells option..."
because when I open my CSV file the damage is performed...).

Any ideas?

--
rbecerra
rbecerra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27043