Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2492_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2492_] is offline

Default Cell A1 to sheet name

Since you can't name each sheet the same thing, you will need to tell us how
you want to apply what is in B1 to the existing sheet names (concatenate it
on to the beginning or end, replace some existing text, something else
entirely?).

Rick

"Bill_Green via OfficeKB.com" <u45230@uwe wrote in message
I am trying to make 87 sheets in a workbook change their name to reflect
that
of what is in cell B1. Is there a way to do that in VBA? I've tried it
onthe
first one and here's the code I've entered:

Const WS_RANGE As String = "B1"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
Me.Name = Target.Value
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

I just right clicked the tab, clicked "view code" and inserted this (it's
from a previous post. I'm a novice, but am working on it). Assuming this
can
be made to work, is there a way to make this loop through all the sheets
instead of doing this one at a time? This will be a monthly task.