Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bluewatermist bluewatermist is offline

Default Function procedure too long

No this still doesn't work. It doesn't recognize check_labels = true under
the second function (checkalllabels.Check_labels1)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

It wasn't just that, I changed the initial assignment of test as well.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"bluewatermist" wrote in message
Hi Bob

Removing the call check_labels1 doesn't work properly either. Any other
suggestion?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Guessing somewhat, but perhaps

test = checkalllabels.check_labels And _
checkalllabels.Check_labels1
If test = True Then
Exit Sub
End If

Function check_labels()

If CWC_Note.typeofcontact.Value = Clear Then
MsgBox "Type of call not selected", vbExclamation, ""
check_labels = True
CWC_Note.typeofcontact.SetFocus

ElseIf CWC_Note.nameofcontact.Value = Clear Then
MsgBox "Callers name required", vbExclamation, ""
check_labels = True
CWC_Note.nameofcontact.SetFocus
End If

End Function

Function Check_labels1()

If CWC_Note.taxagentfirmname.Value = Clear And _
CWC_Note.contactlistedon.Value = "CAC tax agent" Then
MsgBox "Tax agent firm name required", vbExclamation, ""
check_labels = True
CWC_Note.taxagentfirmname.SetFocus

ElseIf CWC_Note.taxagentfirmname.Value = Clear And _
CWC_Note.contactlistedon.Value = "FBT tax agent" Then
MsgBox "Tax agent firm name required", vbExclamation, ""
check_labels = True
CWC_Note.taxagentfirmname.SetFocus
End If

End Function

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"bluewatermist" wrote in
message
Hi

I'm having trouble making a function work. This function is too long,
so
have split it up. Below is an example. The below code call this
function.
Unfortunately this function keeps looping and I can't get out of it.
I'm
at a
loss as to what to do. Hopefully you can help me.

Thank you.

test = Checkalllabels.check_labels and test =
checkalllabels.check_labels1
If test = True Then
Exit Sub
End If

Function check_labels()

If CWC_Note.typeofcontact.Value = Clear Then
MsgBox "Type of call not selected", vbExclamation, ""
check_labels = True
CWC_Note.typeofcontact.SetFocus

ElseIf CWC_Note.nameofcontact.Value = Clear Then
MsgBox "Callers name required", vbExclamation, ""
check_labels = True
CWC_Note.nameofcontact.SetFocus
end if

call Check_labels1

end function
Function Check_labels1 ()

If CWC_Note.taxagentfirmname.Value = Clear And
CWC_Note.contactlistedon.Value = "CAC tax agent" Then
MsgBox "Tax agent firm name required", vbExclamation, ""
check_labels = True
CWC_Note.taxagentfirmname.SetFocus

ElseIf CWC_Note.taxagentfirmname.Value = Clear And
CWC_Note.contactlistedon.Value = "FBT tax agent" Then
MsgBox "Tax agent firm name required", vbExclamation, ""
check_labels = True
CWC_Note.taxagentfirmname.SetFocus
endif

end function