Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Winnie Winnie is offline

Default How use AutoFilter function to query the right range of excel data

Hi everyone,

Recently, I'm writing a application to read excel table and do some
operation on it. But sometimes, the column name in the table is not in the
first row of the excel table, and seems that the my sql can only work when
the column name is in the first row of the excel table.

Who can tell me how to read the column name in the excel when the column
name is not in the first row? could you please give me some samples?

BTW, I saw the Microsoft query in Office can read the right range in the
excel table. e.g. it has a Sheet1$ option and a Sheet1$_FilterDatabase option
when I want to build a sql query. the maybe the Sheet1$_FilterDatabase is the
right one I should choose, Can I realize this function?

Thanks
Winnie