Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] HammerJoe@gmail.com is offline

Default Managing list using dates!

On Aug 2, 11:31*pm, Barb Reinhardt
wrote:
How many rows of dates do you have? *1000's? * It shouldn't take that long to
execute.

You mean in a do loop?
I dont know, I guess the problem that I want to avoid because I've
experienced is that if there are other workbooks open that also use
macros, for some reason it slows down running macros that use some
kind of loop.
I am not sure why that is, I have a feeling it slows down if it has to
read info from cells.
I try to stay away as much as I can. :)

As for deleting the days and not the months, I'm thinking you'll have to
test for formatting, because the value you have for each month is probably
really a date formatted to look like a month. *

Test for formatting??
It's probably the best option... I will try that.

I'd recommend that you define a range to loop through and if you want to
delete a row, add it to another range. *Use Union there. *Once you've found
all the rows to delete, test for the existance of the second range and if it
exists, delete it. *

I am not familiar with Union, but I not sure what you are proposing
with the two ranges?
Can you be a bit more clear please?
Thanks for the help.