Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Randy Harmelink Randy  Harmelink is offline

Default Getting Data from Web - where the URL is the value of the activec

I have a free open-source add-in that can grab the data for you using
user-defined function. I wrote the add-in functions because of
frustrations I had with collecting financial data from the web using
EXCEL Web Queries. For example, one of the user-defined functions can
grab individual table cells:

=RCHGetTableCell(URL,2,"Opponent",,,,3,"</table",,)

....would grab the data from the named cell "URL" (which I had
populated with your value below), then get the data from the 2nd
column of the 3rd row after finding the string "Opponent" within the
source code of the web page. It returns this value to EXCEL:

Pittsburgh(20-26)

The add-in, documentation on its functions, and examples and
templates, can be found in the files area of this Yahoo Group:

On Aug 2, 3:14 pm, aegoodrich
wrote:
I have a list of about 200 URLs in a column in excel.

I want to write a macro that will:

Active Cell is A1. A1's value it the text http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2002/Inte...y/200200000000...

I need the macro to go to the webpage, get the data from Tables 3 and 4 on
the website, and paste them in a new sheet