Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Accessing Remote registry in Excel

Ignore that last post. It'll work if you want to save or retrieve a setting for
your VBA program--but it's not used for accessing the registry in general:

Option Explicit

Sub testme()
Dim wsh As Object
Dim RegStr As String
Dim RegVal As String

RegStr = "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\mediaplayer\" _
& "settings\mp3encoding\PreferredCodecName"

Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

RegVal = "not found!!!!"
On Error Resume Next
RegVal = wsh.RegRead(RegStr)
On Error GoTo 0

If RegVal = "not found!!!!" Then
MsgBox "key wasn't found"
Else
MsgBox RegVal

wrote:

I have a list of servers in excel and I would like to access a few
registry setting on each server and write that value to other column.
Can anyone help with this? I do not need to write to the registry,
just read.

Thanks in advance

--

Dave Peterson