RLW

I continue to have this problem AS WELL. Any solutions?

"SkyDiver" wrote:

I talked to MicroSoft about this and they could not help me. I pointed
them to this forum, including this topic and others to make them
realize that this is a significant problem for quite a few people.

Right now, they're trying to "archive" my case. I told them that I
expected that they would continue to work on it until they have fixed
it, but I haven't heard back and I don't have time to ask repeatedly.
(Also, their tech support is in India and it is sometimes hard to
understand their people.)

Here is one more thing I've discovered to manage with this insidious
problem. When the filter stops working, go into Visual Basic (Alt-F11)
and look at the Properties of the sheet in the box at the lower left of
the screen.

EnableAutoFilter will be set to False. Turn it to True. (It should be
set to True when you have turned on an AutoFilter. I made MS aware of
this too.) After that, I think you may have to shut the filter down
and then re-apply it. The filter will work for a while after that, but
may stop working again.

When I tried this a few weeks ago, it worked for so long that I thought
it was a complete fix, but then it started freezing again.

-- SkyDiver

--
SkyDiver
SkyDiver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8234