Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DP DP is offline

Default Pivot Table Drill-down click opens another Excel Doc

Hello,
I created a pivot table using an external datasouce (access database).
I posted the file to a web server.
When I download the file via Internet explorer I get two options, either
save or open the file. If I choose "Open" the file opens and shows my data.
But when I double click to drill down the data, the data rows expand down,
but then another excel document immediately opens, and gives me a "file in
use" error, and tells me that the file is locked by me for editing and do I
want to open as read only or be notified, etc.
When downloading the file, If I choose "Save" instead of "open", then no
errors occur and it functions normally. I have many users that will simply
"Open" the file upon downloading it, how do I prevent it from trying to
download another copy when the user tries to drill-down the data upon just
"opening" the file instead of saving it first?
Thanks for the help-