Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt Matt is offline

Default Extend values of a chart series

Hello,
Ok, so I have some code that opens a seperate Excel file and takes some
information from that and puts it into another Excel file that I have call
"Sales.xls". In "Sales.xls" there is a chart, i think it is just called
"Chart 1". Well the info that is pulled from the one file is put into a
column that is used for the data for the chart.

How can I programatically extend that series to the most recent data,
without having to manually click the series in the chart and then having to
extend the box to encompass the new data?

I tried recording a macro doing that just to see what the out-put would be,
and try to mimic that to what I need. But no such luck.
Here is the CODE from the "Recorded Macro":
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Select
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "='Jul ''08'!R4C3:R33C3"
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).Select
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(3).Values = "='Jul ''08'!R3C5:R33C5"
---This is for two different series' in the same chart.

The sheet is called " Jul '08 ", but that will change with the month.
I have one sheet for each month so I guess ActiveSheet would be preferred...

Thanks,
Matt