Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Default Macro for Removing Characters

Hello,

I was wondering if there's a way to make a macro or sub that will remove the
last four characters of the value that is in the cells I select?

I tried to record a macro but when I looked at it in the editor all it did
was have the below...

Range("G4").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Test Remove Value "

The value used to read "Test Remove Value Text"

The issue is that the value is a series of random whatever and I want to be
able to select a bunch of cells all at once and then have it remove just the
last four characters.

Thanks Very Much In Advance.