Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Raj[_2_] Raj[_2_] is offline

Default Setting range using vlookup

This is exactly the pointer I was looking for. I have made the changes
and it is working.

Thanks.

Regards,
Raj

Trooper wrote:

I am just an amateur, but I think you want to just put the worksheet name in
one cell and the range in a second sell. i.e. you can have the actual sheet
name and range as variables, and then use the Set Range =
Worksheet(variable1).Range(variable2) as a valid range. (or you can extract
the variables using string functions.)

Let's say you put "Parameters" in cell D1 on Sheet1 and ""H3:K3" in cell D2
on Sheet 1.

If you let
rpsrangvaluesheet = code for getting cell D1 on Sheet1
rpsrangevaluerange = code for getting cell D2 on Sheet1

Then your range set in Visual Basic is

Set Range = Worksheets(rpsrangevaluesheet).Range(rpsrangevalue range)

Hope this helps

"Raj" wrote:

Hi,

I want to set the range depending on a value derived by doing a
vlookup in a range.

The vlookup successfully retrieves the value and stores it in a string
variable rsprangevalue. The retrieved value stored in rsprangevalue
is:
Worksheets("Parameters").Range("H3:K3")

Next I want the range to be set using this value.
The code used for this is
Set rsprange = rsprangevalue
(rsprange is declared as a Range variable)
This fails with the "rsprangevalue" highlighted with the error message
"Type Mismatch".

Please help.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,