Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] Johndagolfer@gmail.com is offline

Default Really need some help - Creating a table without manually typingi

On Jul 31, 4:14 pm, Joel wrote:
It is not clear what you mean by pulling down 17 more cells. Also, where are
the ID numbers coming from. It may help if you post you old code.

" wrote:
Hi,

I am stumped. I am not good at writing macros(but I am learning).
Here is my situation. I have 2 tables. One table is a summary, while
table 2 shows the specifics of the items in table one.

Once someone types an ID # into table one it immediately populates
table 2 with 18 rows (that all have the exact same ID #).

If someone creates another entry another 18 rows are populated.

What I am trying to do is on the 2nd worksheet link the top cell and
pull down 17 more cells(then vlookup the figures). The problem is if
I have 500 entries, i have to create the top cell and pull down 17
cells 500!!! times.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

John

I actually haven't written any code. I am unsure how to proceed is
the main problem

so let me explain

on the first sheet it looks like this

ID Data1 Data2 Data3
Data4.....................................

111 # # #
#............................................

The second sheet needs to be in this format

ID

111 Data1 #
111 Data2 #
111 Data3 #
111 Data4 #
111 Data5 #
112
112
112
113
113
113.

So as data in input horizontally it's creating on the 2nd sheet
individual data(basically in one long column).
When the next row of data is input on the original sheet it creates
the exact same number of data points below the original input.

Any ideas?