Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2442_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2442_] is offline

Default Expand a range

Rick, always good to hear from you

The way you said that makes me think I have helped you before over in the
compiled VB newsgroups... is that the case (sorry if I don't remember you,
but the name "cottage6" doesn't ring a bell)?

Rick

Change your With statement from this...

With cell

to this....

With cell.Resize(1, 11)

Rick

"cottage6" wrote in message
Hi everyone,
I need to find rows in Col. A with the word "Wire" as the 1st four
characters, and then bold and turn red that cell along with the cells
the
right of it all the way over to Col. K (not the whole row). I have the
first
part of the macro figured out, but am unsure how to expand the range to
include the extra columns to the right. I can do it using Column
Offset
but
that seems awfully clunky to me and I want to do this the right way.
Here's
what I have so far, and thanks for any help you can provide!

Sub BoldTheRows()
LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
Set CompareRange = Range("A1:A" & LastRow)
For Each cell In CompareRange
If Left(cell, 4) = "WIRE" Then
With cell
.Font.Bold = True