Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Beebolbod Beebolbod is offline

Default Search & Replace macro

WOW. nice one.

Thanks very much.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try
with Sheets("Summary")
.Cells.Replace .range("b30"), .range("f30"), LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrder _
:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False,
ReplaceFormat:=False
end with

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Beebolbod" wrote in message

I cant find this anywhere so please excuse possible repeat....

I would like a macro which will search for the value of a cell (in one
worksheet) and simply replace a value in another worksheet with the value
of
another. E.G. Search for contents of B30 and replace with contents of F30.
Simple i hear you say, but my current macro always contains the actual
value at time of recording so if i change the value of the cells, the
macro
searches for and replaces the values previously stored and not the new
values
i'm using.
Here is what i have...
Sheets("Summary").Select
Range("B30").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("F30").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Cells.Replace What:="(nn)", Replacement:="20", LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrder _
:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False,
ReplaceFormat:=False

I would like the values (nn) and 20 to be dynamic and always refer to
what's
in the range("B30") and ("F30) rather than insert fixed values (taken at
time
of recording).

Many thanks.