Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Susan Susan is offline

Default Modules to be used for several different spreadsheets

personal.xls is available all the time, no matter what spreadsheet you
have open. the toolbar button will also be available all the time, no
matter what spreadsheet you have open. when you assign a button to a
module stored in personal.xls, you will always have it available. i
don't know how to explain it better than that! :) try it, you'll
see. once you get it set up, close the VBA editor, and close your
current spreadsheet. close excel & say yes to saving changes to
personal.xls. now open excel and open some other spreadsheet. type
something in a cell in all caps (or all lower case). select that text
cell and press your smilie face button. it should change it to proper
case.
like i said, i don't know how else to explain it.
:)
susan

On Jul 31, 9:42*am, Kelly wrote:
That is good news. *So when you say save it to personal.xls, I don't
understand how that can help me to open up another spreadsheet but use the
personal module, sorry for not understanding this.

"Susan" wrote:
the code looks generalized enough to run on any worksheet.
susan

On Jul 31, 9:17 am, Kelly wrote:
This is the code I am wanting to use for many spreadsheets that we have
imported.

Sub Proper()
Dim Cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
* * * * For Each Cell In Selection
* * * * * * *Cell.Formula = Application.Proper(Cell.Formula)
* * Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

So I would LOVE to have a toolbar button to use. *If I can't get the
toolbar, just being able to go to a saved module somewhere and click it when
I need to use it would be great. *Again, sorry I am new to all this (codes,
modules etc...) but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

"Susan" wrote:
you could copy it into personal.xls and then attach it to a toolbar
button - then it would be available to any spreadsheet you use.
you may need to fix coding regarding sheet names if they are specified
- post your code if you want somebody to look at it in order to make
it more general.
:)
susan

On Jul 31, 8:39 am, Kelly wrote:
Yesterday I found the proper name case module in this discussion thread. *It
works, however I am having a hard time when I try to run this module on
different spreadsheets. *Is there a way that I can save the module and pick
it up and use it when I need to (kind of like a macro)? *Any help would be
greatly appreciated !!

Thanks for any help in advance.- Hide quoted text -