Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BJ BJ is offline

Default Populate Cells With Range Via ComboBox

thanks ryan but still not what i was looking for.

i need the programming code to place an array or range of data all at once
instead of cell by cell. i dont know how to do that ... there must be a
solution.

bj

"ryguy7272" wrote:

I'm not absolutely sure this will help you, but I think it probably will:

Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"BJ" wrote:

I have several different pricing arrangements. This is what they look like:

No. 1
ModelA ModelB ModelC
Item1 $ $ $
Item2 ...

No. 2
ModelA ModelC ModelD
Item1
Item3

No. 3
ModelB ModelC Model D Model E
Item 2
Item 3
Item 4

I have set up the unique Item and Model lists as ranges in another
worksheet. When the user selects the pricing arrangement (No. 1, No. 2 or
No. 3) I would like to populate a specific area in another location with the
appropriate table. Right now I am populating the row and column headings via
a combobox that has the various pricing arrangements as its fill range using
a hard link to the source where the range is named ... e.g.:
if ComboBox1.Value = "No. 1" Then
Sheets ("Specific Location").Range ("A1") = Sheets ("SourceMap").Range ("C42")

This will work fine until someone wants or needs to update the source
document and all of these codings might be lost. I was curious to know if I
can populate a range of cells (the row and column headings) using a named
range instead of cell references ... e.g.:

Sheets ("Specific Location").Range ("A1:A3") = Range ("No. 1_RowHeadings")

I've tried the coding above but it didn't work so obviously I'm not doing
something properly or maybe it just can't be done.

Thanks.