Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Duguid1 Duguid1 is offline

Default Edit entry in one cell dependant on another cell

I cant use any function in the D or G columns because there is already data
in them which i dont want changed unless a 'yes' is found in column AB. Using
a function clears all the data in the cell if a 'no' is found in AC.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Why not a simple If in D & G

=IF(AB2="Yes",changes,"")

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Duguid1" wrote in message

My task is to find if a row contains a certain word in the X column.
However
the entries in column X are strings. To solve this, in a blank column
(column
AB), I used an IF formula to return a 'yes' or 'no' dependant on whether
it
found the word in column X.

From this result I now need to alter the values in columns D and G if a
'Yes' is found in the new column, AB (i.e Column X contains the word I
want
to find.) Otherwise, if a 'no' is found in AB then nothing is changed. I
realise that I could use a VLOOKUP formula but this would change the rows
if
a 'no' was found, which I dont want it to do.

Any help would be much appreciated