Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RyanH RyanH is offline

Default Loking Cells by Date

Oops! I forgot the hightlight part.

Sub LockDates()

Const wksName As String = "Sheet1"
Dim cell As Range

Sheets(wksName).Unprotect Password:=""
For Each cell In Sheets(wksName).UsedRange
With cell
If .Value = Date Then
.Locked = False
.Interior.Color = 3
Else
.Locked = True
.Interior.Color = xlNone
End If
End With
Next cell
Sheets(wksName).Protect Password:=""

Cheers,
Ryan

"RyanH" wrote:

This should work for you! I took the liberty of highlighting the unlocked
cells yellow. This will maximize readilbilty. If you don't want that then
just delete it out of the code.

Note: The sheet has to be protected for the Lock Property of the cells to
be active.

Sub LockDates()

Const wksName As String = "Sheet1"
Dim cell As Range

Sheets(wksName).Unprotect Password:=""
For Each cell In Sheets(wksName).UsedRange
If cell.Value = Date Then
cell.Locked = False
Else
cell.Locked = True
End If
Next cell
Sheets(wksName).Protect Password:=""

End Sub

If this helps please click "Yes" below.

--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Daniel" wrote:

I have a chart where information is filled in every day. I would like the
cells to be available only "today." How do I have the cells lock for all
days that have passed, aas well as all of the days in the future?