Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2419_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2419_] is offline

Default Avoiding nested if statements?

Just out of curiosity, did you see the formula I posted 15 minutes before
your response to Bernie? I am pretty sure it does what you want.

Rick

"lonnierudd via OfficeKB.com" <u11209@uwe wrote in message
Sorry, but I could have been more clear. Cell H4 is the difference in the
market value by month on the vehicle. On what I posted H4 is $528.07 for
the
month of July, 2008. On the table in cell B1 is entered the last day of
the
month we're looking at. This time it's July 31, 2008, so the formula needs
be pulled down from the cell beside June 2008, relatively speaking. In
June
the formula is E14-$H$4, so in July it's E15-$H$4. The month after the
date
we're looking at needs to equal what is in cell B10, in this case that
would
be what is beside August 2008. Also, the cells below that need to change
also,
so that September equals B11, October equals B12, etc. Next month, the
formula next to August will be E16-$H$4, and September will equal B10,
October will equal B11, etc. Does that make sense?

Bernie Deitrick wrote:
Lonnie,

You need to describe, in words, what it is that you want to do. Your
table doesn't make immediate
sense (what is in H4?), so it is impossible to decipher just what it is
that you want to do.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

I"ve asked this question before and didn't get an answer, so I thought
I'd
phrase it differently. Maybe it isn't possible? If I can't get it to
work in

[quoted text clipped - 47 lines]
22 13 $8,665 Jan-09 $11,060
'B15