Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
leungkong leungkong is offline

Default put the program on server

Hi Gary,
I am reading the book. Thanks so much for your suggestion.
That's what I want.
Best Regards,
Leungkong

"Gary Brown" wrote:

I would suggest getting John Walkenbach's book 'Microsoft Office Excel 2003
Power Programming with VBA at ...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...alkassociateA/
Chapter 21 "Creating and Using Add-Ins' is spectacular. Everything you ever
wanted to know about Add-Ins and was afraid to ask! :O
The rest of the book is just as incredible and worth every penny!
--
Hope this helps.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"leungkong" wrote:

Hi Gary, I don't know how to use add-in.
would you please advise how to set up the addin file in details? Thanks.

"Gary Brown" wrote:

One thought is to create an add-in that contains your macros. Add-ins can be
used by many at the same time. Put the add-in on the server and have your
clients put the add-in into their add-in library [ToolsAddins].
Then you only have to update the one Addin file on the server and all your
clients have it next time they load Excel.
--
Hope this helps.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Gary Brown

"leungkong" wrote:

I want to know how to put the VBA on server for easy maintain.
since the file will be used by lots of user.
If the file is needed to maintain, I need to copy the VBA in every excel
file now.

Can I set up the file to get the VBA from server when I run the Macro?